Friday, July 29, 2011

My Mailbox [13]


Traded
Don't Expect Magic - Kathy McCullough
Thank you to the Flashlight Reader!

Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories

Ordered
The Steampunk Bible: An Illustrated Guide to the World of Imaginary Airships, Corsets and Goggles, Mad Scientists, and Strange Literature - Jeff VanderMeer, et al

&
Special Edition 2 Disc of Aladdin!
Heck yeah! For $10 you bet I ordered this! Pooh on Disney and their whole 'Disney vault' thing!
When I was a kid, I had the hugest collection of animated movies, but curse it, they were all video, and with the rise of DVDs, well, you know. I don't even think we have a VCR anymore (sad day, I loved those big ol' videos and the big boxes they came in, *sigh*)

Very productive couple of weeks! What did everybody else get?
& do you find yourself watching the occasional animated movie or two every once in awhile? Because if you ask me, they just can't lose their value.

10 shout-outs!:

Christina T said...

I watched Aladdin a lot but my favorites were The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. That was just a good time period for Disney starting with The Little Mermaid. Now I find their movies to be less memorable and haven't watched the most recent ones.

The Steampunk books look interesting. I'm kind of starting to like that genre. Still need to read Leviathan.

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Ooooh Aladdin! Brings back memories <3 And let me know have your finding The name of the star Amelia :)

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

Yay for Aladdin!!! Love that movie ^-^ Great books this week.

I really hope you enjoy Amelia!

http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

Tales of Whimsy said...

Steampunky goodness!

Grace Fonseca said...

Nice haul. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love. Old follower saying hello.

Anonymous said...

oohhh I've always loved the disney movies, my fav was the little mermaid but i also enjoyed sleeping beauty and beauty and the beast. good memories!! for some reason though, i hated snow white, the witch creeped me out! I would love to buy the whole collection as well!!

I definitely want to read Don't Expect Magic, I hope it is as good as it looks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great books!

Brittany said...

Fantastic books and such this week. Those Steampunk books sound interesting. Happy Reading!

danya said...

Don't Expect Magic looks like a fun, cute read! And yep, I still watch animated movies sometimes...watched Mulan not too long ago! :)

Liz said...

Don't Expect Magic looks great. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit