Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: THE REPLACEMENT

As always, Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB @ Should be Reading. Here's how it works: Grab the current book you're reading- Open up to a random page- share a little "teaser" from somewhere on that page.***Make sure your section is spoiler free!!
I finished this book last week, but just in the spirit of getting folks pumped for its 9/21 release, I'm going to do The Replacement for my teaser. This will be a little longer than usual teasers, but hey, it's to get you really hooked!

"What do you mean, 'need you'? I don't need anything."
"Oh, darling," she said, smiling and reaching for my hand. "Don't be silly. Of course you need us. You're becoming so frail, and it's only going to get worse. This really is the best solution for all of us. You'll help me, and in return, I'll make sure you're supplied with all the remedies you need and you won't have to live out the rest of your days..in agony."
I watched her, trying to see the reason behind why I was even here.
"What do you want?" I said, sounding more nervous than I would have liked."
- The Replacement, (ARC) page 108


I hope to have my non-spoiler review of The Replacement up by Thursday or Friday.

9 shout-outs!:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I cannot wait for this book! Great teaser, Amelia! :)

Amber Skye said...

I signed up for an ARC tour of this one. I'm really excited for it :)

Natasha said...

Awesome teaser! I want to read this book badly. I love the cover art as well..creepy! hehe

Here's mine if your interested: http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday8_17.html

Jen said...

Cannot wait for this book --- I think the cover was the first thing that caught my attention. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo I'm scared for her already!

Good teaser!

Here is my TT :)

Dazzling Mage said...

Wow. The cover is creepy, and even this little piece of teaser is creepy. Awesome teaser. *_*

Adriana said...

Ooh, love it! I'm even more excited to read this book. Sept. 21 seems so far away... :(
I'll be looking forward to your review.

Jenny Girl said...

The cover is awesome! Consider me teased too.

pussreboots said...

I've wanted to read the book since I first saw the cover last year.

Enjoy your book. Mine's from Raider's Ransom by Emily Diamand.

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit