Sunday, July 25, 2010

IMM [16] What Am I Reading? + Announcement

I gave myself a command not to buy any books until August 31, so hopefully I'll be successful and not cave in.

I finished The Hunger Games and am in the process of writing my review.I started Catching Fire and will likely take all week to read it.

I posted my review of Linger......posted Favorite Book Quotes 2, and asked for your opinions on YA's Most Dateworthy Guys. Thanks to my 9 pals who helped me on that :)

Here's the thing:
I'm going to be going on a retreat Tuesday thru Sunday. I'll have my review of The Hunger Games up by then and also my Teaser Tuesday for Catching Fire.
When I come back, there will most likely be some changes to this blog in terms of posts and reviews. Maybe this is all part of the summer slump, but I obviously haven't been doing a good enough job on here. So I'll be figuring that out.

Hope everybody has a great week.

6 shout-outs!:

Christina T said...

I look forward to reading your thoughts on The Hunger Games. I sincerely hope that your book buying command will make an exception for Mockingjay if you haven't already preordered it. Once you finish Catching Fire I have a feeling you will be eagerly anticipating the finale.

Have a good time on your retreat! In my opinion you have been doing a great job with your blog. Lots of original content and interesting reviews.

Monica said...

I LOVED The Hunger Games and Catching Fire! I can not wait for Mockingjay to come out! Can't wait for your review to see what you think! Have fun on your retreat and Happy Reading!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

The Hunger Games & the Mercy Falls series are both high on my TBR list! Can't wait to see the datable guys list! I must say I'm a fan of both Puck & Ash from The Iron Fey, Jacob Black from Twilight, David from Uglies, and Wes from The Truth About Forever ;-)

pussreboots said...

Here's what I'm reading this week.

Sheri said...

Granted, I don't read a lot of book blogs (I find most of them fairly boring), but I think you are doing a fantastic job with yours! I look forward to reading every new post you come out with. I'm quite certain I couldn't maintain one half as well as you.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I do hope you enjoy the Hunger Games series. :) It is really a good one. :) I need to do the same and not buy anymore books for a month, but it is so hard to contain myself. Oh well, I will do my best to keep it to a minimual anyway. Have a great week!

If you would like to stop by to read my Monday Beginnings, please feel free...
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2010/07/mondays-beginnings-48.html

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit