Sunday, May 16, 2010

weekly summary, plus RIDDLE!



Books Read
Anxious Hearts (Tucker Shaw)
Eyes Like Stars (Lisa Mantchev)

Books Reviewed
The Hourglass Door (Lisa Mangum)
Anxious Hearts

My Posts
Teaser Tuesday: Anxious Hearts
Suggestion Box: Standalone / Dystopian
Cover Wars [10]: The Seven Kingdoms books
Through a Lense: Juju ((wow, Juju, you're really popular! That post in particular got a lot of feedback))
WIYW 3: Acadia

And summer is off with a bang! Are all the other college bloggers free at last? High school bloggers, are you almost there? Summer's calling!

In other news, no one answered the Book Riddle that I posted last week. Want another go at it?
I'll tweak it just a little to hopefully make it easier to figure out:

What do Cupid (from mythology), Percy Jackson, Edward Cullen, Jacob Black, Taran from the Chronicles of Prydain, Tamwyn from the Great Tree of Avalon, Tom Ward from The Wardstone Chronicles, Peeta from The Hunger Games, Razo from River Secrets, Bridei from The Bridei Chronicles, and Marius from Les Miserables have in common?

(think about Marius and Edward and Bridei - if you've read Juliet Marillier's Bridei Chronicles - in particular...)

- Jace is definitely a "no." So is Patch from Hush Hush, Damen from The Immortals, Dimitri from Vampire Academy

and I was afraid it would be too obvious!

Have a great week, everyone. Happy reading.

2 shout-outs!:

Christina T said...

Sadly I still can't figure out the riddle. I've read The Bridei Chronicles and Percy Jackson, Twilight, and The Hunger Games. I've also read The Mortal Instruments, Hush, Hush, and Vampire Academy. I don't know about the other characters so perhaps a vital clue is missing for me.

I enjoyed your review of Anxious Hearts and the Hourglass Door and I hope to read both of those. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Eyes Like Stars. I kind of like the Shakespeare/paranormal twist in books like The Iron King and Wondrous Strange so I might like this one too.

Rae\ said...

I can't figure this out either! I've read Percy Jackson, Twilight, The Hunger Games and River secrets, but I can't figure it out!

I'm just gonna take a gander at this- and am gonna be upset if it was extremely obvious like this: they all have a secret?

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit