Sunday, March 28, 2010

IIF turns 3 months!


Last Sunday, March 21st, was my blog's 3 month birthday!

And I'm just now remembering. :)

I've met so many great blog buddies over these last few months - thank you all for the support and friendship. Blogging is such a wonderful experience because of buddies like you all!

Most of the books I've reviewed have been YA - MG and teen, and most of those have been fantasy, with a few "grownup" books here and there. My TBR pile has grown to colossal proportions thanks to all the great reviews I've read from all of you. That's what I love about the book blog community - the sharing of books and opinions and the sense of community - a community of readers! It's so fulfilling to have a little "escape" from life and that's kind of what this site has become for me: a place to get together with other book lovers and share ideas and inspirations with each other.

Thank you all for visiting IIF and making it such a fun place to be. I literally cannot wait to boot up my computer each morning and see what's going on in with all of you - what you're reading, what you think, etc.


Challenge Update
100+ Reading Challenge


One of the fun things about starting a book blog is being able to participate in such awesome challenges! Right now, as April approaches, I've read through 25% of my 100 goal. I forsee a little slacking off in the immediate future, do to scurvy school...but that's what summer's for!

3-4-5 Reading Challenge
Finished!

Contest
I hosted my first contest a little while ago and thank you to everyone who entered and helped spread the word! Contests are definitely a good way to meet new blog buddies and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet so many new cool bloggers! I'll definitely have another contest in May.

IIF is actually not the first blog I've set up... I actually had 2 more before this one, but they didn't really work out (Have any had '2nd try' experiences with blogs, too?). Maybe it's because this is a book review blog, and I love books, but this time around, blogging is definitely more enjoyable!

So THANK YOU so much, all my blog buddies, for making the blogging experience so fun and worthwhile. I just wanted to let you - ALL OF YOU - know how much you mean to me! I love my blog buddies!

Have a great week (quote will be up soon), and HAPPY READING

9 shout-outs!:

Unknown said...

Congrats Amelia, I wouldn't have thought IIF was such a young blog! Based on the content and the layout I thought it was more mature ;-) lol, so double congrats and keep on blogging! :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! A lot can and does happen in a blogging world in just three months, doesn't it? And it's so true with the TBR piles growing ever larger with every review you read, lol! Good to hear you're having fun because that's what it's all about.

Jillian said...

Stella is right, never would've guessed that this has only been around for 3 months! We probably started around the same time then. haha.
You are a great writer and an awesome blogger buddy, and at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. That is why you have a lot of readers and fellow bloggers backing you up. Congrats and keep writing!

Allie said...

Congrats! For some reason I thought you had been around a lot longer (which is probably a great assumption!) Happy Birthday!

Darlyn said...

Happy Birthday to IFF!Yeay! Wow.. Abbreviation of 'IFF' really does sound very cool.Keep up writing girl!

Shy said...

Time sure flies when we're having fun, right?? Congrats on your three months anniversary! I'll reached my 4th months this 1st of April myself and still cannot believe the tremendous support I get from the other bloggers. Keep on writing!

Athira said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome!! :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Happy anniversary :)

Jenny Girl said...

Congrats and happy anniversary!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit