Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cinema Weekend


It's the weekend--yay! Time to relax, read a bit, and watch a movie! This week my recommendation is one that you can rent/Netflix and watch in the cinema of your own home!

It's time for me to show you, blog buddies, my trippy side. And this film is about as trippy as it gets...


Labyrinth
- 1986
- Directed by Jim Henson (the Muppet man!)
- Produced by that loveable little guy, George Lucas
- David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly

Where everything seems possible and nothing is what it seems...

[From wiki]: The film stars David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King, and Jennifer Connelly as Sarah Williams. The plot revolves around Sarah's quest to rescue her little brother, Toby, from Jareth while trapped in an enormous otherworldly maze. Most of the other significant roles are played by puppets or by a combination of puppetry and human performance (as in, Jim Henson's MUPPETS!!!!) It was the last feature film directed by Henson before his death in 1990.


Have any of you ever seen this?! Well, I'm watching it right now and I have to say, it is a pretty weird movie, but it's one of my favorites! You can't help but like it!!

And that is my recommendation to you, blog buddies! Have a great weekend :)

10 shout-outs!:

Sarah (Book Reviews from Inside an Igloo) said...

Oh my gosh! Talk about blast from the past, I remember watching this movie in home room in grade 8!! I've never forgotten this movie, or David Bowie's skin tight pants... nightmares for life! Haha great post :)

Amber Skye said...

I remember watching this movie! It seems like forever ago. Would you blame me if I said I was slightly disturbed afterward? :P

Darlyn said...

i've never watch this but i believe you did enjoyed it so much.but it was david bowie's! i think i'm going to love this one if i have the chance to watch it =p

A Story Untold said...

Amazing movie!I first saw it on TV when I was 11,didn't understand a lot to tell you the truth, but when I grew older I saw it again and again and is now one of my favourite movies!

Amelia said...

@ Sarah: Ohh, those pants! I didn't like the movie as a kid, because I was severely freaked out that a dude would wear makeup... :D

@Amber: Not at all! It took me a few years to like this movie, lol

@Darlyn: I hope you like it--I'd (obviously) recommend it!

@Atenra: That's exactly how it is with me! I had to watch it a few times before I loved it, but now I do!!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I LOVE this movie. I use to play it for my baby sister when she was small to calm her down (weird I know but she loved it). Side note: My baby sis is now 24.

I quote this movie all the time.
Gotta love Ludo :)

Amelia said...

LUDO!!!
*loves*

Lesa said...

Oh my--- I saw this in the theaters when it came out!! I liked it so much that I rented it a time or 2 back in the vhs days but now I don't remember much about it. You've definitely sparked my nostalgic interest--- I'm going to watch it again and see if I still like it.

Okie said...

I loved Labyrinth when it first came out and have worked to instill a love of this film with my kids. Fabulous movie!

Amanda Makepeace said...

This is one of my favorite movies, even to this day! :D

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit