Monday, December 21, 2009

the thoughts that fill my mind

One of the new things people began to find out in the last century was that thoughts - just mere thoughts - are as powerful as electric batteries - as good for one as sunlight is, or as bad for one as poison. - The Secret Garden

Reading is exploring. To read is to be taken to another world, another place. Sometimes these worlds are places I thought I wanted to go, but discover that they are no better than the world I left. Other times I find a new world and never want to leave. Books are tools: they can inspire, shelter, and encourage, but they can also hurt, expose and destroy. I think my mind is a precious thing, and I want to feed it but also guard it. As a future writer, I want to entertain, I want to challenge, but most of all, I want to encourage. Until I am ready, I see my goal right now as one of brainstorming. I just finished a story that had the recurring mantra, There is learning in everything. Sometimes the only lesson that can be learned is what not to do, a path not to follow. But just like history, the past shapes the future. The inspiration left by authors of then and now should not be ignored, but recognized and remembered. I try to find things to keep from my reading: memories, ideas, themes, and make them fit into my own scenario. So what is my purpose? This blog will be for reviews, it will be for reflection, and I predict from time to time it will be for outbursts. I am a thinker, I am an explorer, I am an imaginer.

1 shout-outs!:

Anonymous said...

Good morning.

My firm, Bostick Communications, distributes press releases via e-mail for our clients who are authors. These releases make contacts, such as yourself, aware of new books that are available for review.

We would like to add you to that
databaseto receive releases from our clients.

We send out 2-3 releases per day on the average. You have the opportunity to specify certain genres that you are interested in to reduce the number of releases you receive, if you wish.

Please send us an e-mail if you are interested. There is no obligation on your part and you may unsubscribe at any time.

Thank you for your time to consider our service.

Best,
Ken Eason
Bostick Communications

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Joifa Designs Birght Night and Cozy kit